Disclaimer: This technical support is provided for information purposes only. 1st-line Equipment, LLC is not responsible for any injury or damages resulting from such information.
Caution: Detergent below is harmful if swallowed. If ingested, drink large amounts of water. In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with water. Contact a physician in either case. Avoid excessive skin contact. KEEP OUT OF REACH FROM CHILDREN AND PETS.
Purpose: Remove coffee oils and residues from accessories of a traditional espresso machine. Lack of cleaning coffee oils and residues from your accessories will affect your espresso extraction with bitterness and off-flavors.
Frequency: If machine used greater than once every 3 days, clean every 14 calendar days, or if machine used less than once every 3 days, clean every 7 days.
Machine identity: These instructions are provided for cleaning the accessories of a traditional espresso machine with water reservoir or direct water connection.
Requirements before you start: sink with hot and cold running water and drain, plastic soaking container larger than one liter, plastic soaking container, Ascaso Detergent, large wooden spoon.
- If your instruction manual has instructions for accessory cleaning, please use those instructions as the primary instructions, and please use the following as secondary instructions.
- In a plastic soaking container, pour in 1/4 ounce of Ascaso Detergent and carefully pour in one (1) liter of hot water. This is your cleaning solution.
- Mix the cleaning solution with a large wooden spoon until the Ascaso Detergent is dissolved.
- Place your filter basket(s) and portafilter(s) separately into the plastic soaking container. Try to prop up the handles of the portafilter(s) in a vertical position.
- Pour in the cleaning solution into the plastic soaking container to just below the plastic or wooden handles of the portafilter(s). The cleaning solution can ruin the plastic / wooden finish.
- Discard the remaining cleaning solution from the plastic soaking container and rinse under cold running water in your sink.
- Soak for one hour minimum. Overnight soaking is better Scrub inside of portafilters if coffee oils do not come off with soaking only.
- Remove your filter basket(s) and portafilter(s) from cleaning solution and thoroughly rinse in cold running water in your sink.
- Discard the cleaning solution from the plastic soaking container and rinse under cold running water in your sink.