Disclaimer: This technical support is provided for information purposes only. 1st-line Equipment, LLC is not responsible for any injury or damages resulting from such information. Please note that parts can be purchased from 1st-line Equipment, and these parts are sold without technical support. If you are not familiar with the technical aspects of espresso machines or do not have the technical expertise in repairs, we ask that you order a diagnosis to acquire a repair authorization number.
By continuing to read further, you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions stated on this web site. If you do not agree, please stop here.
Recommended: 6 – 12 months
Approximate time required: 2 hours
WARNING:READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO PROCEEDING. DO NOT ALLOW THE DESCALING SOLUTION TO COME IN OR STAY IN CONTACT WITH THE METAL AND CLEARCOAT FINISH OF THE MACHINE AS DESCALING SOLUTIONS CAN HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THESE FINISHES, AND THIS IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY BY EITHER THE DESCALING SOLUTION MANUFACTURER, ELEKTRA SRL,.OR 1ST-LINE EQUIPMENT, LLC. IMMEDIATELY REMOVE ANY SPILLAGE ON FINISH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THE MACHINE CAN GET HOT DURING THIS PROCEDURE. PLEASE BE AWARE OF ALL OT SPOTS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE PRECAUTIONS BEFORE DESCALING YOUR MACHINE. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS OF DESCALING PRODUCT YOU USE.
You can descale the cold machine by
- Pumping the descaling solution through the grouphead (about 5 ounces of colored solution should exit out of grouphead), and
- Pumping the descaling solution into the boiler. Continue pumping for 10 seconds after sight glass on left shows maximum level.
- Unplug machine, and let descaling solution sit in machine for a few hours.
To remove the solution,
- Empty descaling solution from top water basin and thoroughly rinse with cold water.
- Start with a full reservoir of cold water in the top water basin and pump 8 ounces water through the grouphead every 5 minutes (up to total of 25 minutes) to rinse descaling solution from internal brew head mechanisms.
- Empty top water basin, and unplug unit.
- From the boiler’s right side, you will need to remove the steam wand and accompanying nut (not the valve).
- Redirect the steam valve into your drain, and open the steam knob. If the machine is hot, it will sputter out the solution. Continue to allow it to drain by itself. When it stops, tilt the machine on its side until all the solution comes out. Turn steam knob to closed position.
- Fill top water basin with cold water. Make sure power button is in off position. Check electrical plug prongs for water before plugging into electrical outlet. Dry off water from prongs if wet.
- You will need to fill the internal boiler again with cold water from the water reservoir. As soon as you power on machine, you must IMMEDIATELY kept depressed the left red button so the internal boiler fills with water. If you do not do this immediately, you will burn out the heating element (which is not covered under warranty). Continue to fill boiler for at least 12 seconds after you reached the maximum point on the sight glass.
- Repeat steps 2 – 7 at least 2 times.
- Refill boiler as identified in step 7 until the sight glass shows 75% full. make one coffee and discard. Machine is now descaled.
Please note the above information is copyrighted and is not to be published in any means without the expressed written consent of 1st-line Equipment, LLC.