WARNING: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO PROCEEDING. DO NOT ALLOW THE DESCALING SOLUTION TO COME IN OR STAY IN CONTACT WITH THE METAL AND CLEARCOAT FINISH OF THE MACHINE AS DESCALING SOLUTIONS CAN HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THESE FINISHES, AND THIS IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY BY EITHER THE DESCALING SOLUTION MANUFACTURER, ELEKTRA SRL,.OR 1ST-LINE EQUIPMENT, LLC. IMMEDIATELY REMOVE ANY SPILLAGE ON FINISH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THE MACHINE CAN GET HOT DURING THIS PROCEDURE. PLEASE BE AWARE OF ALL OT SPOTS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE PRECAUTIONS BEFORE DESCALING YOUR MACHINE. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS OF DESCALING PRODUCT YOU USE.
- Take the descaling solution/powder and mix it with 6 ounces of hot water.
- Add the solution mix into the boiler (same as adding regular water through the top of unit).
- Add regular water into the boiler with the solution mix to the top of site glass. Leave about 1 inch from the top of the boiler.
- Power the machine on, and let it heat up normally.
- Take off the steam wand knob. You will need a 7/8 wrench. Make sure you put a towel or rag over the to avoid scratching it.
- Once the machine is heated up, power it off and unplug. Let the solution sit inside for 20 minutes.
- Then take the unit to a sink or a tub, tilt unit so steam valve faces sink/tub, and open steam knob.
- Allow solution out of the unit.
- Further tip machine onto its side, and let all the rest of the solution out through the steam/water valve until it’s empty.
- Once the unit is empty of the solution, add fresh water into the unit and drain same way (no need to heat unit).
- Repeat several times to ensure the unit is clean and free of solution.
Please note the above information is subject to copyright. It cannot be published in any means without the expressed written consent of 1st-line Equipment, LLC.