How to drain water from the Ascaso Steel Duo boiler / thermoblock:
- Fill the water reservoir about half way.
- Power the machine ON.
- Fully heat both the boiler and thermoblock.
- Remove the longest hose from water reservoir and place it outside of the machine.
- Turn ON the steam switch and keep ON until no more steam exits the wand.
- Turn OFF the steam switch.
The following has to be completed within 30 seconds to avoid damage to the heating element in the coffee boiler).
- Turn ON the hot water switch and keep ON until no more water exits the wand.
- Turn OFF the hot water switch.
- Turn ON the coffee switch and keep ON until no more water exits the grouphead (NOTE: no water may come out).
- Power OFF the machine.
- Remove the water reservoir, empty the reamining water, and place back in machine.
Notes on preparing the machine for shipment:
- Separate the filter handle from the portafilter head.
- The portafilter head should be locked into the grouphead.
- The black handle should be inside the accessory box. Secure it with Scotch tape.
- The accessory box should be placed between the drip tray and the grouphead.
- The steam wand should be tucked to the front.
- Make sure there is packaging material below the machine to avoid frame damage.