For over 17 years, 1st-line has been transforming the espresso equipment industry. Since our inception, we try our best to offer exceptional value in terms of quality merchandise, low pricing, and personalized services to our 55,000+ clients.
In 1998, 1st-line was the first to start shipping product within 1-2 business days of order receipt and initiated quality phone support for customers with equipment issues. The industry norm was shipping in 3-5 business days and phone support was practically non-existent as suppliers would advise customers to hire a local technician or ship the equipment for simple repairs. Whereas most distributors only carried one
line, we also led the industry into carrying multiple brands to offer more choices to consumers.
Over the years, we have migrated to shipping orders same business day out of our own warehouse.
From June 2011 through October 2012, we worked on a new systemic approach to offer the following quality services to our customers:
- The highest level of security of our client’s payment information. With real time credit card processing, customer payment information is not stored on our servers and is passed through to the processors and banks via a secure connection as required by the major credit card companies. In addition, since none of our employees have access to any credit card numbers or security numbers, we are unable to process credit card charges over the phone. However, this removes all possibilities to have credit card numbers stolen or hacking your online account on 1st-line’s website.
- Our online storefront is tested for security risks on a monthly basis and is tested daily for malware.
- Our web host provider and our internal systems and internet connections are tested for security vulnerabilities on a monthly basis.
- Our online storefront, of a select few, is PA-DSS validated to meet the most challenging information security requirements.
- To avoid potential fraudulent charges, we have implemented an additional step of security during the checkout process whereby your bank (name will sometimes be shown and we do not see) may ask for additional private information to make sure you are the cardholder. This is called Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode. This is another deterrent to those who steal credit card information and this technology allows us to process gift orders to different ship to locations (Visa and MasterCard only at time of this writing).
- An enhanced gift registry to email your family and friends of items that you wish to have for your birthday or special event.
- The ability to pick, pack, and prepare shipment of orders within 15 minutes of receipt during business hours and a tracking number emailed as soon as we generate a shipping label (used to email at end of day).
- The ability to ship orders that were received up to 4pm EST same business day (weekends not included), including those with standard ground service.
- Online help desk for customers who have questions, concerns, etc.
- Online return process for applicable items that can be returned.
- Expanded work area for equipment repairs.
- Café showroom area and training center for customers in the NY/NJ metro area.
- For out of stock items, customers can now sign up online on our web site for email notifications when an item comes back in stock.
- For small, light weight, and low value items, the ability to select USPS Mail as a carrier which provides a lower cost delivery option for customers.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, we thank you for your past business, and we certainly hope you enjoy our future services!