VBM Domobar Super Switchable HX Espresso Machine – Rotary Pump
The VBM Domobar Super Switchable HX is the THE BOMB! VBM quality at its best! This is the most reliable unit with tank and vibration pump with the following features:
- Ability to use the internal water reservoir or directly plumb to the water line. Manual lever under machine must be moved to the appropriate water source desired.
- Ability to manually empty the drip tray or plumb in the drain for the drip tray. Thus, no extra parts or kits needed for the machine – all included.
- Rotary vane pump for quieter operation.
- Internal drainage to the drip tray allows operation without any water going to the internal reservoir in direct plumb mode. Other machines drain to the reservoir that need emptying. The VBM Domobar Super Switchable HX does not require constant emptying of the reservoir for the flow from the overpressure valve. Also, it prevents mold and mildew build up as the reservoir stays dry.
- Adjustment screw under the water reservoir allows operation in direct plumb mode without having to switch any wires on the switch under the reservoir. No separate expensive switches to replace either.
- The valve on the bottom rotates to change between water tank and direct plumbing modes.
- Heat kills electronics. The Gicar motherboard is near the bottom of the unit as heat travels upward. Even on machines that have insulated boilers, there is still heat dissipation and build up inside the machine. So, where does heat travel? Upwards! Where are the electronics on the machines you are looking at?
- Ease of self-repair? Look at the VBM! Three screws on each side the wraparound body panel and access the insides. Two screws each on the top and bottom of the water tank platform, and you can simply self-repair. The VBM Domobar Super Switchable HX is one of the easiest repairable machines with their Super HX series.
- True VBM E61 grouphead, which has its own VBM stamp, is heavy and maintains an active flow of water from the grouphead to the heat exchanger in the boiler. Additionally, there is an internal restrictor to lessen the overheating of the grouphead, which is on many E61 grouphead machines.
- The heat exchanger allows you to make espresso after espresso until it empties the water reservoir and steam milk at the same time because of the large boiler which also adds to more temperature stability over smaller boilers.
- Professional grade brass portafilters – one portafilter with single spout and single filter basket and one portafilter with dual spout and double filter basket.
- Removable 2.1-liter pour-over water reservoir.
- Boiler pressure gauge to indicate boiler pressure (reading will vary between .8 and 1.2 bar pressure). Vary the setting by adjusting the full size pressurestat through the access port under the cup warmer tray on top of the machine.
- Pump pressure gauge to indicate brew pressure during espresso extraction (reading will vary while not extracting which is normal).
- Multi-directional stainless steel steam wand on the left side can go in different directions.
- Multi-directional stainless steel hot water tap on the right side can go in different directions.
Even MORE features:
- The steam wand is pro-grade – this means there is no silicone inside to slow the throughput of the steam that exits AND there are no odors that sometimes emanate from the silicone inside a no-burn steam wand. In addition, one can still burn their hand or fingers if one holds a no-burn steam wand for more than 5 consecutive seconds while steaming.
- The power indicator light on the right side indicates when the machine is powered on.
- Heating light on the left side indicates when the espresso machine is heating.
- Low water level light in middle indicates when the water level in the water reservoir in the rear is low.
- A three-stage power switch allows user to fill the internal boiler without sending power to the heating element (prevents damage upon initial start-up).
- Full-size Parker pressurestat (rated as one of the best boiler pressure regulators) monitors boiler pressure – although you may hear a little clicking sound when the pressurstat turns on and off, the reliability of useful life is greater than a PID display which is subject to internal heat build-up.
- Extremely large stainless steel drip tray which can be easily (slides out with the pull of handle) removed for cleaning. Grate stays on the machine when pulling out a drip tray so that it is one step to empty.
- GICAR branded electronic water level control for the internal boiler is located in the lower right rear corner of the machine where there is least heat build up – this improves reliability.
- Largest OPV (over pressure valve opens when too much pump pressure exists) located in the rear of the machine with easy access when body panel and six (6) associated screws are removed.
Single spout portafilter, single dose filter basket, double spout portafilter, double dose filter basket, blind filter basket for backflushing, plastic coffee scoop, and a common useless plastic tamper (please make sure to order a good tamper).
Do you like what this espresso machine has to offer, but want a vibration pump instead of a rotary? Then check out the other VBM Domobar Super! In addition, if you want an HX espresso machine that is more compact, then review the VBM Domobar Junior! Finally, do you want to see our other home espresso machines? Then take a look at our webpage!