Izzo Valexia PID Switchable Heat Exchanger Espresso Machine with Wood Handles and Knobs
The Valexia PID espresso machine, produced by Gruppo Izzo, is an incredible new addition to 1st-line’s heat exchange models! Additionally, you can make use out of this beautiful stainless steel unit at home, a small office, or a small restaurant or cafe. Furthermore, one of the biggest advantages this espresso machine has is its silent rotary pump with a PID monitoring the boiler temperature and user programmable to the temperature desired. Finally, some of the machine’s best materials will make it highly attractive on the outside and technologically innovative on the inside.
Many heat exchanger espresso machines, like the Valexia PID espresso machine, are incorporating PID technology over the pressurstats also known as mechanical pressure regulators of steam pressure in the boiler. However, although PID systems have more impact on dual boiler espresso machines, there are some benefits to PID controllers and sensors on heat exchanger espresso machines:
a) There is less delta or bandwidth with a PID. Therefore, this means a pressurstat may click on the power to the heating element when 0.1 to 0.2 bar drop in the boiler. It allows full power and then the heating element is still hot and the boiler pressure can still increase after the power is turned off of the heating element by pressurstat. The PID system will power the heating element with less of a drop in boiler pressure in most cases. In addition, the PID system tends to control the power to the heating element so the boiler pressure slides to the desired pressure without overshooting. It does this by pulsating the electric to the heating element.
b) Both the pressurstat and PID sensor on the boiler are susceptible to limescale. The pressurstat usually needs to be replaced once damaged, and the PID sensor can usually be cleaned once removed. However, descaling a heat exchanger machine usually does not clear either of limescale build up. When removing the PID sensor, it is of utmost importance to not twist its dual thin wires as twisting will surely damage the sensor.
The Izzo Valexia PID is a little monster! Be careful! The machine eats up ground espresso coffee and produces a great espresso when using a high quality espresso coffee grinder and freshly roasted espresso coffee beans. Join the proud Izzo espresso machine family today!
Heat exchange system
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small to medium sized group of people.
- E61 Grouphead features pre-infusion capability.
- Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the true pre-infusion. In tank mode, it is steam pressure in the heat exchanger that creates a soft pre-infusion.
- Stainless steel body polished to a mirrored finish with rotary pump adjustment access port on left side panel.
- Stainless steel underlying frame prohibits rusting found on other espresso machines with enamel painted frames.
- Transportable top grill to simply access the unit’s internals.
- Silent rotary vane pump situated vertically in left rear.
- Very quiet SSR power relay to step down voltage.
- Stainless steel mushroom on top of grouphead.
- Boiler size is ~2 liters offer good steaming performance.
- Stainless steel boiler is insulated helps keep energy costs lower, temperature stability higher, and offers more protection on the electronics
- Pump pressure gauge indicates pump pressure or water line pressure when pump is off.
- Steam pressure gauge indicates steam pressure in boiler. A higher temp on the PID will increase the steam pressure and vice versa.
- Low profile guard rail on cup warmer tray.
- Removable 2.5 liter water tank for easy refilling and cleaning. Plastic top lid with small handle fits over the reservoir.
- Switchable from tank/reservoir mode to direct plumbing mode to a water line – small lever behind drip tray on right side changes the actual water source between reservoir tank and direct plumbing.
- Switch on panel behind drip tray activates or deactivates the lower water level sensor for the reservoir depending if plumbing the machine in to a water line.
- Polished feet add a flare of fortitude to the Valexia PID.
- Adjustable OPV (adjustable overpressure valve) is on inside, right side front of machine.
- Huge removable stainless steel drip tray is also portable and can be plumbed to drain line.
- Boiler drain plug located on bottom of machine.
- Both no burn steam wand and no burn water wand sport wood knobs for controlling dispensing of steam and hot water/steam.
- Dims: 16″ D x 13 5/8″ W x 14 3/8″ H
- Voltage: 110-120 volt, 1350 Watts, 15 Amps using standard 110 volt plug.
- Beautiful stainless steel 58mm Duetto tamper with wood handle.
- Stainless steel blind filter basket for backflushing.
- 2-hole (installed on machine), 3-hole, 4-hole, and 5-hole steam tip included
- 58mm Single Spout Portafilter with wood handle with one cup filter basket holding up to 7 grams.
- 58mm Dual Spout Portafilter with wood handle with two cup filter basket holding up to 14 grams.
- Stainless steel braided hose with 3/8″ BSPP fitting for plumbing to water line.
- Drain hose and drain hose clasp to attach to plastic drain basin under drip tray.
- Cleaning brush.
- Izzo cleaning cloth for wiping down the machine.
- Fabric cover placed on top of the machine when first opening the box and can be utilized when not using the machine.
- Izzo Valexia PID Heat Exchanger instruction manual.