Valexia Leva Spring Piston Commercial Lever Espresso Machine
The commercial grade Valexia Leva lever espresso machine, manufactured by Gruppo Izzo, is now being carried by 1st-line, as of November 2019! Therefore, make your espresso shots the old fashioned way with its beautiful conventional spring piston lever! There is excellent temperature stability from pull to pull due to its Gicar PID control and SSR relay. Furthermore, when producing dry steam, you will have no problem making the best microfoam and thus having the greatest consistency of steamed milk. Thanks to the unit’s dipper grouphead, the Valexia Leva uses silent operation techniques. That is, as long as the dipper is plumbed in to its main water connection.
The Valexia Leva is truly old school! In fact, there is a valve on the bottom right hand behind the drip tray that allows steam to enter the top of the machine and steam heat the cups! Yikes! We never seen that in the last 25 years! The 53mm filter baskets are deeper than your standard 58mm found on other machines. And, the portafilters have 3 lips!
The Izzo Valexia Leva espresso machine is for the espresso enthusiast in the truest form. Moreover, the Valexia Leva espresso machine requires a direct water connection for the utmost best operation. Wiring comes with the machine to connect an OPTIONAL external pump which draws water from an OPTIONAL external reservoir. However, the Valexia Leva works its best pre-infusion magic when plumbed into a cold water line with 35 psi of water pressure. The draining component can be manual or plumbed to a drain line.
Manual Lever Operation
- The lever starts in up position. You then pull down against the spring until coffee fills bottom of the your cup. When you release, the lever slowly rises and the piston spring pushes the lever to pump the water through the coffee grinds. Please note operation of piston lever without coffee in the portafilter basket or without the portafilter can make the lever snap back and injure the user.
- Conventional commercial grade spring piston lever produces old school espresso rituals common in Naples, Italy.
- Cup warmer with steam heating capability controlled by lever behind drip tray on right hand side
- Water valve on left controls hot water dispensing through cool touch, non-burn wand on left side of espresso machine.
- Steam valve on left controls hot water dispensing through cool touch, non-burn wand on right side of espresso machine.
- PID controller can be programmed for monitored temperature of the whopping 5 liter copper boiler.
- Minimum and maximum water level probes on top of boiler monitors water level in boiler to prevent damage from low water and overfill
- Boiler insulation offers better temperature stability and less heat loss as well as protection of electronic components.
- Boiler pressure gauge (manometer) indicates the steam pressure in the boiler.
- Elegant guard rails on top cup warmer cover.
- Wood handles on both portafilters, both steam and hot water knobs, and on end of lever handle.
- OPTIONAL: Pump and Water Reservoir
- Boiler drain plug located on bottom of machine
- Plumb in connection for stainless steel hose behind drip tray on left hand side
- Dimensions: 16″ W x 18 1/4″ D x 31 1/2″ H with lever in top most position.
-Height without lever in down position but including grouphead: 20 1/4th” H
-Height of Back at top of cup guard rails: 16 7/8th” H
-Height of Back at top without cup guard rails: 15 1/4th” H
-Depth with lever most down position: 25 3/4″ Depth
-Depth with lever most most extended outward position: 28 1/4″ Depth
- Voltage: 110-120 volts, Watts: 1750, Dedicated 20 Amps and 125 volt outlet required
- 53mm Single Spout Portafilter with wood handle with one cup filter basket holding up to 7 grams.
- 53mm Dual Spout Portafilter with wood handle with two cup filter basket holding up to 14 grams.
- Drain hose with holding clasp to attach to drip basin under drip tray.
- Stainless steel direct plumb hose with 3/8th BSPP female connection.
- Four steam tips (2 hole installled on steam wand, 3 hole, 4-hole and 5-hole).
- Izzo cleaning cloth for wiping down the machine.
- Beautiful stainless steel 53mm Duetto tamper with wood handle.
- Cleaning brush for lever group.
- Fabric cover placed on top of the machine when first opening the box and can be utilized when not using the machine.
- Izzo Valexia Leva instruction manual.