Bezzera New Hobby PM Espresso Machine – Tank, Semi-Automatic, 110V
The Bezzera New Hobby PM Espresso Machine will allow you to make some of the best espressos, cappuccinos, lattes, and tea at home or a small office! Furthermore, this machine will perform so efficiently in its range! After all, this is thanks to its front panel controls, 3-liter tank, reliable grouphead, and 3-way solenoid valve to give this entry-level machine a semi-commercial quality.
The Bezzera New Hobby PM is a nicely compact and simple home espresso machine. Additionally, the machine includes a quality, high power steam wand to produce your favorite milk-based beverages. Seriously, it works absolute wonders in the steaming department! After every steaming session (approximately every 8-16 ounces of milk steamed/frothed), the “P” switch (pump switch) should be used to refill the internal boiler with water from the reservoir as this is not automatic in steam mode. The “P’ switch makes it easy to refill so the boiler’s heating element does not get damaged.
Moreover, this is one of the FEW espresso machines that consists of a “P” switch. Precisely, when you are ready to dispense your hot water, simply press the switch after rotating the hot water/steam knob counter-clockwise. Also, the “P” switch is able to fill the water in the internal reservoir. With the simplicity of the Bezzera New Hobby PM’s additional semi-automatic push switch features, you will operate this machine and maintain it with smooth sailing!
Bezzera New Hobby Single Boiler, Dual Purpose System
- Nickel-plated brass boiler – The boiler is made nickel-plated brass which retains heat better than stainless steel. Nickel-plating helps to prevent limescale build-up. We highly recommend utilizing the optional water softener, the Ascaso V725!
- Dual-purpose – This means there is one boiler inside. The machine heats and rests in coffee mode. The steam switch will need to be depressed to get to steam mode.
- Multi-directional – Allows for greater movement and flexibility at different angles. The wand is equipped with a rubber grip which helps you position the wand without burning your fingers.
- No-burn – Insulation is placed inside the steam wand to help prevent burns when quickly touching and moving the steam wand.
- 2 hole steam tip – Gives you a good amount of steaming power and helps create microfoam.
- 3-liter capacity – While most home espresso machines are 2 liters, the Bezzera New Hobby PM holds up to 3 liters of water.
- Low water leveler – Display on the front right side, just above the cup holder grid. Includes a visible level signal to let you know when to refill.
- Removable – For easy refilling every two weeks.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will be less costly than a rotary vane pump.
- Passive pre-infusion – The vibration pump takes up to 9 seconds to get up to full pump pressure. Hence, in those 9 seconds, the coffee is getting pre-infused.
- Up to 51 watts.
- 3-way solenoid valve – Used to reduce pressure from the grouphead after brewing by excessive pressure built up in the portafilter. In addition, it drains from internally through underneath the drip tray.
- Single Bezzera commercial grouphead – Made with chrome-plated brass. The boiler heats up the Bezzera 58mm group.
- Stainless steel body and frame – With a matte finish. The front and back panels have the Bezzera logo on top in small 3D print.
- Cup warmer – On top with a matte finish. It takes approximately 2 hours to heat cups up.
- Drip tray – With a matte finish. Additionally, consists of a cup holder grid and a drain tray.
- Cup storage – Right behind the drip tray. Espresso/demitasse cups can fit here.
Front Panel Controls from Left to Right
- Main power switch – For powering on and off the Bezzera New Hobby espresso machine. Warm-up time is approximately 10-20 minutes (depending on the environment).
- “P” switch (pump switch) – Press this when you are ready to dispense hot water AFTER steaming milk. AFTER steaming milk and closing the steam valve, press this again to stop. This switch is also used in coffee mode to pump water out of the steam wand for Americanos.
- General temperature warning light – When the light is green, that means the machine is ready at an ideal temperature for espresso extraction.
- Coffee switch – Press to start and stop the espresso extraction. A yellow light will turn on and off on the bottom of the switch.
- Steam switch – Press and wait 30-60 seconds to warm up for steam mode. After the steaming session, turn the switch off and run water through the steam wand using the “P” switch. A yellow light will come on when this switch is active.
- Water/steam knob – Rotate counter-clockwise to prepare to dispense steam or hot water. After dispensing, rotate clockwise to close valve.
- Bezzera 58mm dual spout portafilter – Designed with chrome-plated brass. The bottom side shows the Bezzera name. Black plastic handle and commercial-grade.
- Particle filter – Takes particles out to prevent the pump from jamming.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup stainless steel filter basket for making one cup of espresso, 2-cup stainless steel filter basket for making two cups of espresso, and blind filter basket for backflushing.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper, common for most espresso machines to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better 58mm espresso tamper.
- Scoop – Simple plastic scoop if using preground espresso coffee.
- Grouphead cleaning brush – For cleaning the grouphead gasket.
- Instruction manual – For operation and maintenance. Also, available in five different languages: Italian, English, French, German, and Spanish.
For more Bezzera products, please visit our Bezzera brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.