Eureka Atom 60 Espresso Coffee Grinder
The Eureka Atom 60 is a versatile grinder for both espresso and drip coffee. Use the portafilter fork to grind directly into your portafilter for espresso. Furthermore, you can easily remove the fork and slide in the clear container to grind for drip coffee. Its compact dimensions and low profile bean hopper makes it a very good fit for your home. We recommend this grinder for some semi-commercial home espresso machines, including the Lelit Bianca. Learn more about the Eureka Atom 60 to produce the perfect espresso and drip coffee for your espresso machine! Additionally, check out our other Eureka espresso coffee grinders!
- Stepless – Gives you an “infinite” range of settings. This allows you to really fine-tune your grind to your espresso machine. Turn clockwise for a finer grind and counterclockwise for a coarser grind.
- Perfect positioning – The adjustment knob is located on the top right of the grinder, underneath the bean hopper. This helps keep the overall width of the Eureka Atom 60 low compared to other grinders that have it on the side. This also protects it from hitting against other equipment.
- Flat grinding burrs – Large size at 60 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production. The burrs are made of long-lasting, hardened steel.
- High rpm – Fast spinning rate at 1650 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times. Espresso grinding is approximately 1.9 – 3.1 grams/second. Drip coffee grinding is approximately 2.5 – 3.7 grams / second.
- Sweeping fan – Helps push beans down to the burrs for a smooth operation.
- Time-based grinding – The “1-cup” mode can be adjusted from 0.5 seconds to 25 seconds. The “2-cup” mode can be adjusted from 0.5 seconds to 35 seconds. You can adjust the time by 0.1-second increments. The semi-automatic mode tracks the time from start to stop.
- Color display – When semi-automatic dosing, the display switches to a picture of a grinding burr with a timer in the center. It will count up by 0.1-second increments until you stop. When electronic dosing, the screen will highlight whether you select “1-cup” or “2-cup”. The timer will count down when you start the grinding cycle.
Ground coffee container/portafilter fork
- Ground coffee container – Used mainly for drip coffee grinding. Holds approximately 5.3 ounces (150 grams) of ground coffee. Made of clear plastic and sits comfortably underneath the coffee chute.
- Portafilter fork – Used mainly for espresso grinding. The distance from the portafilter fork to the coffee chute is approximately 3″. There is a built-in lip that helps hold your portafilter in place. The distance from the portafilter fork to the lip is approximately 2″.
- Low profile – The Eureka Atom 60 by itself is just under 13.5″. The bean hopper adds less than 4″ to bring the total height a little under 17.25″. The shape of the bean hopper matches the body style of the grinder so it won’t stick out. The hopper holds approximately 1.1 pounds of whole coffee beans, about half of the standard kilo bag of coffee.
- Rubber neck guard – The bean hopper sits comfortably on top of the grinder. There is a rubber neck guard that helps protect the neck of the bean hopper from cracking.
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. Prevents users from quickly removing the hopper, spilling beans everywhere.
- Finger guard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already passed in the burrs which will have to be ground out first before removing the hopper.
- The Eureka Atom 60 is available in black, chrome, diamond gray metallic, gray, and white.
Are you interested in a similar quality espresso coffee grinder that is more compact? Then check out the Eureka Mignon Silenzio!
For more Eureka equipment, please visit our Eureka brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.