Ascaso Dream Anthracite Gray Espresso Machine – boiler version
- Simple to use controls: Flip on the center power switch to begin heating up the boiler. Two more professional grade toggle switches now let you control the steam function (far left) and the coffee brew control (far right). A series of indicator lights inform you when the machine is powered up, and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or frothing milk.
- Temperature gauge: The front mounted temperature gauge monitors the temperature of the boiler in both coffee mode and steam mode. read in Celsius.
- Three way solenoid valve: As soon as the coffee switch is turned off, the three way solenoid valve relieves the pressure built up in the grouphead. The pressurized water is reverted to the water reservoir, and this feature allows back-to-back espresso extractions without having to wait for the portafilter handle to lose pressure by itself.
- 48 oz. water tank: The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet. The water reservoir is located in the lower section of the machine right behind the grouphead, and the water reservoir can be removed from the right hand side – just behind the steam wand.
- 16 bar water pump: The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Accessories: Portafilter with dual spout, 2-cup pressurized filter basket, 2-sided 53/57mm aluminum tamper.
For more Ascaso products, please visit our Ascaso brands
If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.
Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
- Polished Aluminum - A few customers have complained about stains on the aluminum sections of the body. These parts are very delicate to certain types of water - distilled, purified, or heavy in calcium/magnesium. It's very important not to expose this machine to humidity or leave water to dry on the aluminum. Please try with a towel as soon as possible. If spots appear, we recommend cleaning with alcohol or a high quality aluminum polish cleaner.
- The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories, or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in our models produced for the United States.
- Only single dose E.S.E. (easy serving espresso) pods can be used on Ascaso Versatile espresso machines. Double espresso pods and regular coffee pods will not fit in this machine.
- The Ascaso Dream Up Version 2 does NOT have a pipe into the drip tray on the left side. There is a black plug sealing the hole, and the three way solenoid valve returns to the reservoir. The manufacturer changed this from feedback from customers who had difficulty removing the drip tray for cleaning because the pipe was in the way.