Quamar Q50E Electronic Stepped Doserless Espresso Coffee Grinder
- Stepped – Adjustment dial is located underneath the hopper. The entire dial has a numbering system so you can remember your current grind setting easier. Turn clockwise for a coarser grind and counterclockwise for a finer grind.
- Setting lock – A setting lock button keeps your current setting. This helps prevent users from accidentally altering it and spending time to find your correct setting again.
- Flat burrs – Large size at 54 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Faster spinning rate at 1400 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
- Easy access – Remove the bean hopper. Turn the grinding adjust to the coarser direction until the top assembly comes off. This will give you access to the burrs and the grinding chamber. The burrs themselves are held in with Allen key screws.
- Multiple dosing options – There are 3 dosing options. Single dose, double dose, and manual dose.
- Time based grinding – You can adjust the the time for each automatic dose up to 640 seconds max. Adjustments change by 0.05 second increments.
- Power save mode – You can set the LCD display to dim after a certain time (from 1 minute to 999 minutes).
- Burr replacement – You can set an alert for when your grinding burrs will need to be replaced (up to 200,000 doses or can turn off at 0 setting). Recommended setting is at 50,000.
- BAR message – Customize your LCD display with a short message (ex. the current blend of beans in the hopper).
- Brightness option – The brightness of the LCD display can be adjusted up or down to your comfort level.
- Dosing count – This helps keep track of usage. Displays the total count (from 1st use), partial count (from last reset), and missing count (amount remaining until burr replacement alert).
- Language option – A total of 8 languages available: Italian, English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish.
- Password protection – You can enable a password so other users cannot change your settings.
- Low profile – The total height of the grinder without the hopper is a little under 12″. The bean hopper adds another 4.5″ bringing the total height to approximately 16.5″. The total capacity is approximately 1 pound of whole coffee beans, about half the size of a standard kilo bag.
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. This serves as a reminder for users from quickly removing an already filled bean hopper.
- Fingerguard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already in the burrs which will have to grind out first before removing the hopper.
- Ease of use – Allows you to rest your portafilter while grinding. Accommodates most portafilters. The clearance from the fork to the funnel is approximately 2.625″.
- Removable – The fork can be removed if you wish to grind into a container. There are 2 Phillips screws that hold the fork in place. The clearance from the funnel is approximately 5″.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper. You can use as a backup just in case you lose your current one.
- Instruction manual – Written in 6 languages: Italian, Spanish, Polish, English, French, German. Instructions also work for the M80, Q13, & T48 models.