Quamar M80E V2 Electronic Stepped Doserless Espresso Coffee Grinder
Performance ReDefined! Even your most aromatic coffee will result in great taste on the Quamar M80E. The unbelievable on demand controls have great flexibility and easy press buttons for 1, 2 & 3 cup doses, including a digital display.
The version 2 of the Quamar M80E has some amazing features not found on other doserless coffee grinders.
First, there are not 1, nor 2, BUT three programmable dosage buttons each with their own programmed time down to 1/20th of a second increments. Be careful, the dosage buttons are sensitive to make this grinder GO with 300 watts of power!
Second, you can program a ‘wear and tear’ reminder for burr replacements. This programming is based on the number of doses engaged. There is no longer a need to keep track of usage separately.
Third, there is a programmable sleep feature for the Quamar M80E grinder – the operator can program how many minutes of inactivity will power down the grinder and further enhance the useful life of the digital display.
Fourth, you can program the display to show any details you want. For example, a coffeehouse may have 4 of these grinders. Three can have the display show each blend that each grinder uses, and the fourth can display decaf so it becomes a dedicated decaf grinder.
Fifth, you can program the time and date as well as the brightness of the digital display. One can also choose from multiple languages.
Sixth, the dosage counter really helps coffeehouses in monitoring productivity and sales. There is total count, partial count, and count for last 30 days.
- Stepped – Adjustment dial is located underneath the hopper. The entire dial is numbered so you can remember your current grind setting easier. Turn clockwise for a coarser grind and counterclockwise for a finer grind.
- Setting lock – A setting lock button keeps your current setting. Prevents users from accidentally altering it and spending time to find your correct setting again.
- Flat burrs – Very large size at 63 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Faster spinning rate at 1600 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
- Easy access – Remove the bean hopper. Turn the grinding adjust to the coarser direction until the top assembly comes off. This will give you access to the burrs and the grinding chamber. The burrs themselves are held in with Allen key screws.
- Multiple dosing options – There are 4 dosing options. Single dose, double dose, triple dose, and manual dose.
- Time based grinding – You can adjust the the time for each automatic dose up to 640 seconds max. Each adjustment goes by 0.05 second increments.
- Power save mode – You can set the LCD display to dim after a certain time (from 1 minute to 999 minutes).
- Burr replacement – You can set an alert for when your grinding burrs will need to be replaced (up to 200,000 doses or can turn off at 0 setting). Recommended setting is at 50,000.
- BAR message – Customize your LCD display with a short message (ex. the current blend of beans in the hopper).
- Brightness option – The brightness of the LCD display can be adjusted up or down to your comfort level.
- Dosing count – This helps keep track of usage. Displays the total count (from 1st use), partial count (from last reset), and missing count (amount remaining until burr replacement alert).
- Language option – A total of 8 languages available: Italian, English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish.
- Password protection – You can enable a password so other users cannot change your settings.
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. Serves as a reminder for users from quickly removing a hopper full of beans.
- Fingerguard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already in the burr chamber which you must grind out first before removing the hopper.
- Ease of use – Allows your portafilter to sit while grinding. There is no need to hold it with your hand. Accommodates most portafilters. The clearance from the fork to the funnel is approximately 2.625″.
- Removable – The fork can be removed if you wish to grind into a container. There are 2 Phillips screws that hold the fork in place. The clearance from the funnel is approximately 5″.
- Grinder cleaner – 1 package (good for 1 use) of Puly Grind Crystals.
- Instruction manual – Written in 6 languages: Italian, Spanish, Polish, English, French, German. Instructions also work for the M80, Q13, & T48 models.