Macap M42 Stepless Doser Espresso Coffee Grinder
The Macap M42 has the same features as the previous M4 model along with an updated look. Stepless adjustment is now standard on the Macap M42 in contrast to the M4 which needed to be special requested. The fingerguard of the bean hopper has been redesigned to help beans flow through easier while still protecting your fingers. The adjustment dial numbers a printed with a light color which makes it a lot easier to read. The air vents on the sides have also been redesigned to be low profile. As a result, you can see more of the beautifully polished body panel.
- Stepless – Gives you access to an “infinite” number of grind settings. This allows you really fine tune your grind fineness of your coffee beans. The numbered dial underneath the hopper helps you remember your current grind setting easier.
- Adjustment knob – Located in the rear of the machine just below the hopper. There are 2 knobs on both sides. When using the right knob, turning clockwise will make the grind finer. Turning counterclockwise will make the grind coarser.
- Flat burrs – Large size at 58 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Faster spinning rate at 1400 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
- Easy access – Remove the bean hopper. Unscrew the numbered dial and hopper screw. Turn the upper burr holder clockwise until the top assembly comes off. This will give you access to the burrs and the grinding chamber. The burrs themselves are held in with Philips head screws.
- Fingerguard – Protects your fingers from “accidentally” entering the coffee chute.
- Adjustable dosing – Allows you to change the amount of ground coffee dispensed into your portafilter. Turn clockwise to decrease the amount and counterclockwise to increase the amount. You need to remove the fingerguard for easier access to the adjustment knob.
- Built-in tamper – For those that want one. You can easily uninstall if you do not want to use. Perfectly fits a 57 mm portafilter.
- Dosing count – Located on the left side of the doser. Give you a idea on how much usage your Macap M42 gets.
- Low profile – The total height of the grinder without the hopper is a little under 12 inches. The bean hopper adds another 5 inches bringing the total height to approximately 17 inches. The total capacity is approximately 1.1 pounds of whole coffee beans, about half the size of a standard kilo bag.
- Tinted – Helps to avoid pre-mature deterioration of beans from light sources (such as sunlight).
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. Serves as a reminder for users from quickly removing the hopper if it is full of beans.
- Finger guard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper slides in or out to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already in the burrs which will have to grind out first before removing the hopper.
- Ease of use – Accommodates most portafilters. The clearance from the fork to the funnel is approximately 2 inches.
- Removable – You can remove the fork if you wish to grind into a container. There are 2 Phillips screws that hold the fork in place. The clearance underneath the funnel is approximately 4.75 inches.
Grinds catch tray
- Easy to “install” – Hooks onto the front foot underneath the grinder. This helps keep the tray from sliding away.
- Convenient – As easy as it is to install, it’s just as easy to remove to discard any excess grinds. There are other comparable models that do not have a tray at all.
- Written in 6 languages: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish. Instructions also work for the MC42, M42D, & M42M.
Please visit the Macap brands page for more Macap grinders and parts.