- Macap grinders are considered commercial equipment for grinding coffee only and cannot be returned once used.
- Portafilters: We have tested multiple portafilters to see if they will fit Elektra, Saeco, Ponte Vecchio portafilters or any other portafilters that have the spouts as part of the portafilter head doesn’t work well with the M2 grinders, works best with commercial grade spouts.
- Cleaning: Before use, the bean hopper and covers should be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive soap and rinsed.
- Retrofitting: Sorry, there is no retro kit available to upgrade older grinders.
- Changing grind settings: As with all coffee grinders, it is very important to only change grind settings when the unit is powered ‘on’ and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will ‘gunk’ up and require cleaning by you every time this occurs. Changing the grind settings when the burrs are not in motion will render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. If this result occurs, this will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and not be classified as a defective grinder.
- Finding coffee grinds in a new grinder: We have confirmed that the manufacturer tests EVERY grinder with coffee beans before it leaves their facility, but they are not always able to get every trace of coffee out of the grinders after testing. As a result, you may find coffee beans or grinds inside your grinder, or there may be grinds in the packaging when you unwrap it.
- Static issues: There are static issues with all grinders, even the highest quality models. We firmly believe that the static comes from the coffee beans. If you are having static problems with your coffee grinder, trying using a different blend of beans.
- Replacing burrs: NEVER use a flat head screwdriver and hammer to wedge under the burrs for removal. This could badly damage your grinder.
- Electrical cord: Please note that the electrical cord is placed between the packaging (foam or cardboard) and the underside body of the grinder. During shipping, it is normal for a bend or insignificant blemish / slice to damage the cord.
6. Manual switch models: These models are no longer being produced by the factory.