Macap CPS Twist Dynamometric Tamper
The MACAP CPS Twist (Constant Pressure System) tamper is an innovation designed to streamline espresso production by conforming all users to tamp with the same pressure. Using a lever, this tamper applies uniform and level pressure to the ground espresso in a portafilter. The end result is a predictable and consistent extraction; a leap forward in simplifying traditional espresso preparation.
- Tamping pressure: ~55 pounds (25 kilograms) as per the manufacturer.
- Tamper diameter plate: (1) 57.5 mm.
- Tamping rotation: 35°.
- Portafilter size: This tamper is for 58 mm portafilters only. If you try to use a 57 mm portafilter, it will result in the basket coming off your handle and sticking to the tamping disc.
- Double / Triple tamping: This tamper is not for tamping in rapid succession. In other words, if you want to double (or triple) tamp in succession in the same portafilter, you will need raise the tamper handle to the top position before re-tamping.
- Adjusting tamping pressure: The pressure is adjustable, but there are no instructions in the manual, nor can we provide any. Also, there is no easy way to determine the exact pressure to adjust to.
- Grease: This tamper may arrive with a little grease around the lever or part of the bag. You can wipe it away with a dry cloth and will not have any impact on the tamper.
For more Macap equipment, please visit our Macap brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.