Lelit PL60PLUST Diana PID Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
Wow!!!! What can we say? We have been using this machine for our videos as well as in our showroom for the first 6 months in 2015. The results in the cup are just plain and simple AMAZING!
Back in 2015, Lelit in Italy wanted to respond to the double boiler machines entering the industry – those popular espresso machines designed in Australia, but produced in China with a plastic chassis and this thin metal. Enter the Lelit Diana – made in Italy with a stainless steel body, brass coffee boiler for superior heat stability and a stainless steel steam boiler that knocks out a punch of consistent steam power!
The Lelit Diana double boiler espresso machine dual vibration pumps to support each boiler independently in such a compact beautiful casing!
The two boilers allow to you make espresso and steam milk simultaneously. On other single vibratory pump espresso machines, there is a flaw if the pump has to refill the steam boiler while extracting the espresso. In this scenario, the pressure to the ground coffee in the filter holder can receive less pressure. This can ruin the espresso. The Lelit Diana solves this issue with 2 independent pumps – one for the coffee boiler and one for the steam boiler.
Another flaw corrected over other machines is the replacement of the steam thermoblock with a full stainless steel boiler. These thermoblocks, usually made of aluminum or brass, have a very difficult time producing good steam to produce that velvety froth or producing good powered steam. In the Lelit Diana, there is a PID controlled, large, stainless steel steam boiler which is completely dedicated for producing powerful steam. There is also circuitry to refill the steam boiler with water from the reservoir.
The extreme ease of use of this espresso machine and the superior quality make Diana the first choice for families with discerning tastes and who love to enjoy their creamy lattes and silky cappuccinos. It is certainly one of our favorites!
- Polymer tubing connecting both boilers to respective steam / hot water valves: Alimentary. Able to withstand high pressure and temperatures (up to 620 °F). Easy for repairs and most importantly, are limescale free. All drain and over-pressure water hoses are made of long lasting silicone.
- Stainless steel body: Polished to a mirror finish (exterior only).
- Dual pressure gauge: Top half measures steam boiler pressure (0 – 4 bar) with normal operating range of 0.8 to 1.3 bar. Bottom half measures brew pump pressure (0 – 16 bar) and should only be read when extracting espresso with a desired range of 8-10 bar. Your grind fineness, amount of ground coffee, and tamping pressure will need to be adjusted to get to the desired brew pressure.
- Separate indicator lights: for coffee, hot water, steam, and low water.
- Multi-directional steam wand: Single hole tip and a special porthole to in the drip tray grate to discharge the steam or condensate into the drip tray.
- Fixed position hot water wand: Never remove more than 4 ounces of water at a time so the pump can refill the boiler without damage – this is our standard recommendation on all prosumer machines sold, including ones we do not carry.
- Professional grade portafilter: Double spout, 58 mm diameter. Lelit logo imprinted on the filter head.
- PID temperature programming: Allows user to change boiler temperature through the use of the digital display/control panel on the front panel of the machine. The display reads out the current temperature of the coffee boiler and sequentially the steam boiler.
- Extremely low feet: Creates a very low profile.
- Power cord: Completely removable from machine.
- Removable water tank / reservoir: Located through top of machine.
- Removable drip tray and grill: Separate attachment for drip tray grill for smaller cups. Two separate drip trays – 1 for the coffee side, 1 for the hot water side.
- Solid brass coffee boiler: Attached to a sold brass grouphead to increase thermal stability
- Powerful steam boiler: For great steaming performance
- Accessories included: Double spout portafilter, 2-cup filter basket, plastic tamper, plastic scoop, water softener (already attached to in tank line), drip tray grill height extender (already attached to drip tray), power cord, and instructional manual.
For more Lelit equipment, please visit our Lelit brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.
1 review for DISCONTINUED Lelit PL60PLUST Diana PID Dual Boiler Espresso Machine