New software update which includes:
- Low Flow function
- Stand By mode
- Brewing Temperature Offset
- Faster warmup time
Want to upgrade?
Discover the pinnacle of espresso craftsmanship with the all-new Lelit Bianca V3. If you're seeking an upgrade from your current Lelit Bianca, now is the time to experience the latest advancements. Immerse yourself in a world of choice as the Lelit Bianca V3 is available in three exquisite colors: Stainless Steel, Black, and White. Unleash your inner barista and elevate your espresso game with this stunning machine that effortlessly combines innovation, style, and unrivaled brewing performance.
Lelit Bianca Version 2 Changes, as of 6/3/2021! (2021.5)
Extended Steam Valve and Hot Water Valve
The steam valve and hot water valve have been extended in length to place them further away from the front panel of the machine. This upgrade facilitates more side-to-side movement of the wands.
The water tank's appearance has changed slightly and includes the new Lelit logo on the side of the tank.
The Bianca now includes the Lelit by IMS filter baskets.
One of the two safety thermostats on the steam boiler has been updated.
Lelit Bianca Version 2 Upgraded Features, as of 1/20/2020!
Instant Stand-By Sleep Mode
By holding the plus and minus buttons simultaneously for three seconds on the LCC display, the machine will go into sleep mode. Please note the LCC must have sleep mode 'on' in the menu for 30, 60...up to 540 minutes. This is just a quick way to get the machine into standby mode where the coffee boiler stays at 80 degrees C and the steam boiler is off.
Reserve Mode for Water Reservoir
The machine can perform the espresso extraction while the water level is low in the reservoir. Also, if the water level in the reservoir is just above the low water indicator, the extraction will continue for 60 seconds after the LCC indicator shows low water. Thus, this will save the espresso shot!
Instant Economy Mode for Powering Coffee Boiler Only
By holding the minus button for three seconds, users can deactivate the steam boiler and maintain the programmed temperature of the coffee boiler.
Actual Boiler Temperature Display
Press the LCC plus button on the right side ONCE quickly and hold to see the current coffee boiler temperature. Press the LCC plus button TWICE and hold quickly to see the actual steam temperature.
Shot Clock Timer Display Delay
At the end of extraction, the shot clock time will continue to show on the LCC for 20 seconds.
- The maximum steam boiler temperature increased from 125 degrees C to 135 degrees C (266 degrees F to 275 degrees F).
- The minimum steam boiler temperature on both V1 and V2 are consistently 115 degrees C (239 degrees F).
- No change is necessary for the safety valve on the steam boiler! In fact, the boiler and boiler safety valve for 3 bar allow increases on the version 1 espresso machines.
All About the Lelit Bianca Dual Boiler Espresso Machine!
The PL162T Bianca from Lelit is their newest luxury dual boiler espresso machine. After over two years of studying with a well-known espresso academy in Italy, many baristas, and professionals, including 1st-line, the Lelit Bianca espresso machine was built from the ground up and designed for flow control through the brew pressure paddle. There are many secrets learned from the two years. In fact, one of those secrets of the espresso academy was the precise range of flow to create the best espresso.
Thus, we can certainly say that the Bianca is more than just a flow control device slapped onto an L58E espresso machine. Since September 2018, our customers started switching out their $8000+ espresso machine for the Bianca! Don't be fooled by Lelit's advertising if you are not a barista...
With the Bianca, Lelit continues to outdo themselves and now leads the industry with the widest range of prosumer models. However, although the Lelit Bianca can be a beginner dual boiler espresso machine, it packs some of the best technology that will make any barista jump for joy. In other words, the Bianca has really disrupted the worldwide prosumer espresso machine market. This is all thanks to its manual brew pressure via flow control as well as its external reservoir! In fact, the needle for the flow control is made of stainless steel and the gicleur is made of brass. This prevents galling between the same metals under intense heat.
More about the Lelit Bianca
Not only does the machine include a PID-controlled dual boiler, for those who are looking to experiment with pressure profiling/flow control seeking the Holy Grail; but, sitting on top of the legendary L58E grouphead is a wooden paddle that allows the user to manually adjust the brew pressure (control the flow of water) as the espresso shot is extracting! All are under 16" in height! No need to pre-program it with your fingers crossed that your flavor profile will be to your liking. You have the control, right at your fingertips with a brew pressure readout at the group! And, the wooden paddle diffuses the high intense heat emanating from a super hot L58E grouphead. Thoughtful design by Lelit!
Clean design inside and out! Nice curves make Bianca look super sexy! Unlike other machines with multiple body panels, the Bianca affords one easy wraparound body panel to gain inside access. Inside, all wiring and layout are superbly placed for performance and easy repair. Even 2 bottom port holes for access to both heating elements in the powerful boilers.
Finally, after working with Lelit for two years on features and design, we (as of March 2018) have the prototype in our showroom for testing and feedback to the manufacturer. We are running it 24/7 and trying to break it! In addition, customers can make an appointment to see the machine in action in our Freehold, NJ location.
The Lelit Bianca Dual Boiler Espresso Machine is beautiful in design and proves to be awesome in what she produces in the cup! Light roast, no problem! City roast, no problem! Dark roast, definitely not a problem! The paddle on top of the grouphead allows on-the-fly brew pressure profiling while you are watching the extraction and brew pressure gauge.
With dark roasts, you can smooth out the flavor of a spring piston lever machine that starts off with high brew pressure, then diminishes throughout the shot. With city and full city roasts, use a low-pressure profile to extract pure sweetness. Moreover, on light roasts, experiment with any of your imaginary brew pressure profiles to find the best flavor in the cup! On June 4th, 2019, a customer said "Bianca makes stupid good coffee!" It is so true, with a good grinder, the espresso that comes out is amazing!
Another innovative design component! The external AND movable reservoir that does not heat when the machine operates for hours as other machines do. Furthermore, the Bianca has a water reservoir that can re-position on either side of the machine to suit your needs and your countertop. Don't want a tank? No worries! The Bianca is directly plumb-able too, (even the drip tray is drainable!) All of these features are in a stainless steel body, with accents by wooden handles, feet, and lever.
Forget your shot timer! The Bianca has a shot timer in its LCC. The shot timer continues during the programmable pre-infusion and programmable soak time!
The Lelit Bianca was selected as one of the top 12 most innovative products at the 2019 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show
- Furthermore, this was against not only espresso machines, but also various food and drink recipes and equipment as well! Thanks to the Bianca's game-changing manual brew pressure profiling, the espresso came out as perfect as it can get!
Bianca won 3rd place Best New Non-consumable Product at Coffeefest NYC 2019
- This was impressive against all new products, not just espresso machines. The 1st L58E grouphead espresso machine with manual brew pressure profiling uses flow control during the extraction!
Do you want more information? Please read an independent UK review made for the Bianca. However, although there are a lot of details, please keep in mind of differences in performance, like warm-up times being faster under 220 volts, or other small differences that may be made for the UK market, or changes in packaging, etc by the manufacturer for the UK market.
If you wish to have your machine turn on and off automatically or have your phone control it, we strongly suggest using Wemo as the preferred smart plug (minimum 15 amp rating) from your favorite mass-market retailers. Many of our Bianca customers have successfully used Wemo smart plugs without any incidences to date. We are glad Lelit did not program a built in timer because then there would be no phone control to turn the machine on.
If you're looking for a grinder that pairs well with the Bianca, the Lelit Fred is a great choice!
Indulge in the ultimate espresso experience with the Lelit Bianca Double Boiler Espresso Machine. This magnificent machine combines elegance and performance, boasting dual boilers for simultaneous brewing and steaming, allowing you to effortlessly craft exquisite espresso shots and velvety milk textures. With its innovative paddle-controlled flow profiling system, the Bianca puts the power of customization at your fingertips, enabling you to explore a world of flavor possibilities. Elevate your home brewing setup with the Lelit Bianca and enjoy the art of espresso like never before.
L58E Grouphead with Flow Control
The L58E grouphead ensures consistent water stability. Hot water circulates from the boiler through the grouphead and back. The result? The grouphead and your portafilter stay nice and hot, especially important to get a great shot of espresso. A lever next to the grouphead easily activates the pump to draw water through the coffee grinds.
Control Brew Pressure on the Fly! A 1st for any L58E Grouphead
The wooden paddle and brew pressure gauge on top of the grouphead allows full manual control over the brew pressure (through control over water flow) as you are pulling your shot of espresso. Create different flavor profiles to your heart’s content!
Reservoir: Pick a side, any side!
Have you ever seen an espresso machine that gives you a choice where to put the water reservoir? Well, the Lelit Bianca does! An even bigger benefit is that when the reservoir is on the outside, the heat built up on the inside of the machine is not heating the water in the plastic reservoir. The heated reservoir water on other machines can change the thermodynamics of the water entering the coffee boiler and thus the water going through the grouphead.
Even better, it also allows users to directly plumb it in, including the drip tray. When plumbed in, the reservoir assembly can be removed to save precious counter space.
PID and Dual Pressure Gauge
Lelit adds their sophisticated PID system, that allows timed preinfusion, a reference timer, and a low-water level alert. A dual-pressure gauge on the other side of the machine measures both the boiler pressure (0-4 bar) on top and pump pressure (0-16 bar) on the bottom.
Rotary Vane Pump and Motor
Produces a quieter extraction than a vibratory vane pump and much quieter than the ‘whiney’ gear driven pumps found on other brew pressure profiling espresso machines. You can make adjustments underneath the espresso machine.
Additionally, the rotary vane pump is so much more reliable than gear driven pumps. Gear driven pumps have magnetic drives which tend to fail sometimes in the first 3 months of ownership.
Steam and Hot Water Wand
Allows for more flexibility. Rosette-style knobs control the separate steam and hot water wands, which are multi-directional. Moreover, the steam wand comes with a 2 hole steam tip (1.5mm holes). Hidden in the accessory box is a 2 hole tip with 1.0mm holes for those needing to froth fewer amounts of milk.
The wands are no-burn to the touch. Insulation on the inside allows you to move the wands easily to find the perfect angle you are seeking.
The Lelit Bianca powers some punch with steam power by programming the steam boiler up to 266 degrees Fahrenheit. In fact, two tips are available with the machine. The smaller 2 holes with 1mm openings were included for those who wanted to steam with less power.
Built with Quality Components
On the outside, the Lelit Bianca shines with stainless steel body polished to a mirror finish. Also, in the inside, it has two insulated stainless steel boilers with copper tubing connecting the boilers to the grouphead or valves. The 0.8-liter coffee boiler is matched to perform well with a 1000 watt heating element, and the steam boiler integrates very well with a 1400 heating element to pack a great punch of steam power!
3-cup bottomless portafilter with smooth wooden handle included with the machine. The 3 cup baskets can hold up to 22 grams of ground coffee (this depends upon the type of coffee and grind fineness as coarser grinds or lighter density coffees may less the 22-gram capability).
The dual spout portafilter also has a very nice wooden handle and two forward streaming spouts for easier espresso extraction viewing.
Less plastic is always a bonus in our eyes. In addition to the portafilter handle wood crafted, the Lelit Bianca also has wooden accents on steam and hot water knobs, lever, wooden paddle, and feet! Furthermore, the wooden paddle on top of the grouphead diffuses the heat that builds upon the grouphead.
A Whirlwind of Accessories!
- Instructional manual – Please read this manual first!
- Stainless steel inlet water hose – ~4’10” L. Also comes with adapter fitting and gasket. If you are plumbing, please use only cold water with a backflow preventer and pressure regulator set to 35 psi.
- Vinyl waste drain hose – ~4’8″ L x 3/4″ OD x 1/2″ ID.
- Heavy stainless steel cup warmer grate – Sits above the top panel to prevent cup marks.
- Rechargeable water softener filter – Good for up to 70 liters of water before recharge. Replace once a year.
- Cleaning cloth – Nonabrasive antibacterial microfiber. Helps to remove smudges and stains on the body panel.
- Stainless steel cover – For the water tank.
- 58.55mm stainless steel tamper – No need to purchase a new one.
- Extra steam tip – With 2 holes. Each hole measures ~1.0 mm.
- Bottomless portafilter – Wood handle and stainless steel 3-cup filter basket.
- Dual spout portafilter – Wood handle and stainless steel 1-cup filter basket and 2-cup filter basket.
- Stainless steel blind filter basket – For backflushing. Effective March 30, 2020, a blind filter holder slot is built into the frame below the drip tray.
- Plastic grouphead cleaning brush – With nylon bristles to clean grouphead gasket.
- Plastic scoop – If you are using ground coffee.
- Stainless grate platform – Place over drip tray grate if you are using espresso cups or shot glass.
- Accessories on the machine – 2.5-liter removable water reservoir, stainless steel drip tray & grate, and effective March 30, 2020, the four-hole steam tip replaces the two 1mm holes steam tip.
- You will find the nozzle with two holes at 30° and 1mm of diameter (22/100) directly assembled on the machine. The nozzle with four holes at 60° and 1mm of diameter (22/108) will be positioned in the supply box.
Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
- Before Shipping: Please note that every Bianca is bench tested for 24 hours. There is a 24-48 hour process on weekdays. This means Friday 12 noon to Monday 11 AM EST does not count. There will be a delay between placing your order and receiving a tracking number.
- As of August 1, 2019, all Bianca’s are shipping regular UPS ground.
- V3 models started shipping in July 2022.
- If there is any box damage, please immediately note it on the UPS signature line. No notation means you accept the shipment in good order.
- If the machine arrives wet, please allow to air dry for at least 24 hours before plugging in. All units are drained after testing but not all the water can be removed. Some water may dislodge during shipping.
- If there are any concealed damages or defects found once outside of the box, please notify us within 5 business days.
- In any case above, please keep the original box and packaging if the unit must be shipped back out.
- Warranty: Please note any shipping to or from 1st-line Equipment (including under warranty) is not included. If at all possible for the customer, it is best they save the original box & packaging.
- Direct connect mode - There is a small plug underneath the machine that needs to be disconnected. This plug has the other wire going to the reservoir. In the machine accessories, there will be included a fitting cod. n.1600064 and gasket 8700013, which one needs to screw on the machine water inlet fitting to connect the machine to the mains water.
- Pre-infusion - In the Bianca, the pre-infusion works by programming the “Time ON: Xx S.” and “Time OFF: Xx S.” of the water pump. If Time ON is zero seconds, then pre-infusion is off and can be managed with the manual paddle.
- Once the pre-infusion times (both “time ON” and “time OFF”) have been programmed, the coffee dispensing begins: the pump will be activated for the previously programmed “time ON” in order to wet the coffee puck. Once the “time ON” has elapsed, the pump will stop working for the previously programmed “time OFF”. Terminating the “time OFF”, the pump will start working again.
- When extracting the espresso with the pre-infusion programmed, we recommend leaving the paddle, positioned completely to the right (maximum water flow) until the end of the pre-infusion time.
- The internal parts of the E61 brewer have been modified to eliminate the mechanical pre-infusion normally present in the standard E61 brewers.
- Pump - The pump is a standard rotary pump, with the screw on the bottom body to adjust the pressure.
- Brew paddle - When the paddle is completely in the left position, the water flow is totally closed. So, by moving the paddle we move up and down a needle which goes into the restrictor/gicleur by decreasing or increasing the water flow and the pressure on the coffee puck.
- Construction - The construction is robust and the machine is really heavy. The tubing is a traditional all copper tube construction, it has great component quality and the excellent boilers are in stainless steel.
- Change in design - Newer models will not have the elbow. The hose will be attached directly to the vacuum valve.
- Thread on each foot: M8x12mm
- Until further notice - Due to supplier issues, the 90-degree plug is now a straight 180-degree plug.
11.5, approximate, PLUS 3.5 For Movable Tank
17, approximate, including plug, PLUS 3.5 For Movable Tank
Coffee – 1000, Steam – 1400
|Boiler capacity (liters)||
Coffee – 0.8, Steam – 1.5
|Portafilter size (mm)||
|Tank capacity (liters)||
|Country of manufacture||