La Nuova Era Cuadra Espresso Machine
Our version of the La Nuova Era Cuadra includes a no-burn steam wand, no-burn hot water wand, and an upgraded brain unit.
E61 grouphead. Heat exchanger (HX). Steam milk and make espresso at the same time. Boiler pressure gauge. There is even a refill spout so you do not need to pull your machine forward to fill the reservoir. Brain unit, pump, and solenoid valve are near bottom to avoid boiler heat which rises, and these same items are protected with a stainless steel covering to prevent water from splashing on them. Need we say more?
Heat exchange system
- Copper, insulation – The boiler is made of copper which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale when you compare to stainless steel boilers. Therefore, we highly recommend utilizing the water softener that comes with this machine. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. As a result the grouphead temperature constant and stable when you compare to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever half way up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the true pre-infusion.
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Tank / reservoir system
- Water softener – The best protection from any limscale buildup in your machine. The water softener must be charged before use. Please follow our instructions on how to do so. This water softener also acts as a particle filter to protect the machine from any unseen particles entering the boiler.
- Auto-shut off – Prevents burning out the heating element. The water tank sits on a spring activated plate. Once the water is low, the plate depresses the tank microswitch which turns off the heating element.
Steam / water wand
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wands connect to the valves on an angle to the side for even more flexibility. As a result there is less risk of burning oneself from the exposed grouphead.
- No burn – Both wands have insulation, which allows you to touch any part of the stem. Please note after very long periods of use, the wands will eventually be hot.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
- Frame – Made of stainless steel (not polished).
- Body panels – Sides panels are made of plastic with a polished chrome color coat. The back panel is made of stainless steel satin with a satin finish. The front panel is made os stainless steel with a polished finish.
- Drip tray – Made of stainless steel. Slides out from the machine for easy cleaning. Plastic insert and stainless steel drip tray cover add a really nice touch.
- Cup warmer tray – Made of stainless steel. Must be removed to refill water reservoir. As with any machine, cups can take up to 2 hours to preheat using a cup warmer tray. You can use the water wand to flash heat your cups.
- Portafilters – Dual spout portafilter.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. 58 mm in diameter.
- Rubber insert – For backflushing your machine.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Cleaning brush – Used for cleaning the grouphead. Ergonomically designed with an angle for easier usage.
- Coffee scoop – A simple plastic scoop if you are using preground coffee.
- Cleaning brush – Specifically for cleaning the grouphead.
- Funnel – Helps fill your water tank without the need to remove it. Useful if your machine doesn’t have the height clearance to allow you fully remove the water tank from your machine.
- Water softener – Already attached to the in take hose.
- Instruction manual –