Espresso Grinder Warning
- CLEANING WARNING: We recommend using grinder cleaning agents. We do not recommend any removal of the burrs or burr carrier for cleaning as re-assembly can cause damage.
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso grinder which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. The lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso grinder can be damaged at the power switch, the capacitor, the motor, or the wiring.
This product will be drop shipped from the manufacturer.
- Changing grind settings: As with all coffee grinders, it is very important to only change grind settings when the unit is powered ‘on’ and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will ‘gunk’ up and require cleaning by you every time this occurs. Changing the grind settings when the burrs are not in motion will render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. If this result occurs, this will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and not be classified as a defective grinder.
- Finding coffee grinds in a new grinder: We have confirmed that the manufacturer tests EVERY grinder with coffee beans before it leaves their facility, but they are not always able to get every trace of coffee out of the grinders after testing. As a result, you may find coffee beans or grinds inside your grinder, or there may be grinds in the packaging when you unwrap it.
- Static issues: There are static issues with all grinders, even the highest quality models. We firmly believe that the static comes from the coffee beans. If you are having static problems with your coffee grinder, trying using a different blend of beans.
- Replacing burrs: NEVER use a flat head screwdriver and hammer to wedge under the burrs for removal. This could badly damage your grinder.
- Electrical cord: Please note that the electrical cord is placed between the packaging (foam or cardboard) and the underside body of the grinder. During shipping, it is normal for a bend or insignificant blemish / slice to damage the cord.