Want to take your espresso dosing to the next level? Is there a need for speed? Want to increase the consistency of the dose? Want to stop finger leveling of the grind in front of your patrons? Want to reduce coffee waste? Want to stop the barista’s black finger? The answer is IDR!
Precision engineered and manufactured in Sweden, this espresso dosing tool is made of stainless steel covered with a silver coating and you can choose from one of multiple color dosing rings (optional and sold separately unless purchased as a bundle). With the IDR you can achieve a consistent dosing, even distribution and leveling of the grinds in the basket in one step!
Most importantly, the IDR will pay for itself in several ways!
- Less waste – The excess dosing of ground espresso coffee can be pushed back into the doser for the next extraction. Reducing coffee bean cost will make the IDR pay for itself alone!
- Improved consistency in the cup – With a more effective and accurate dose in the filter basket, the quality in the cup will be more consistent from barista to barista. The consistency will lead to returning customers even though there may be a different barista serving their favorite beverages.
- Increased speed of service – no one wants to wait for their espresso-based beverage anymore. Speed of service is one of the keys to success. The IDR increases the barista’s speed in achieving a proper dose.
- Consistency in dosing and perfect leveling.
- Easier to distribute the grounds in the basket to avoid high density.
- Minimal waste of coffee grind.
- Easier to work with multiple portafilters at the same time.
- High dosing, distribution and leveling accuracy.
- Helps baristas achieve faster craftsmanship.
- More simple way to work.
- Easy to use.
- Save you time and money.
- We have confirmed that the IDR works well with:
- E61 type commercial portafilters
- Most 56-58mm portafilters, including Nuova Simonelli/Bezzera/Pasquini (angles in at 45 degrees) and Dalle Corte.
- Most doserless and doser grinders.
- With Lelit, it can fit with very little overlap.
- Please note this dosing tool is confirmed not to fit, nor work with the following portafilters / grinders:
- UNIC – portafilter is too high and when the IDR is placed on top.
- San Marco – portafilter has three lips that prevent the IDR from dosing correctly.
- La Spaziale and 53mm portafilters.