Materials and internal components have been selected by Elektra for their strength and durability, which is always in line with the quality level of Elektra design. In the Nivola, Elektra has integrated the combination of beauty with full function!
- The indicator lights on the front of the machine indicate when the machine
- is at the perfect temperature to extract espresso,
- when the unit’s reservoir lack’s enough water, and
- when the unit is powered ‘on’.
- The Nivola housing has a mirrored, polished aluminum finish or gorgeous red-enamel finish over aluminum – the aluminum is heavy weight, not a cheap thin aluminum!
- The control knob is very simple – turn counter-clockwise for steam and turn clockwise to start the espresso extraction.
- When you turn the knob for steam, it will take about 30-45 seconds to get to steam mode. The frothing aid assists in the frothing of milk for cappuccinos.
- When you turn the knob for espresso extraction, the machine will not extract espresso unless the machine is at the proper pre-set temperature for making espresso. this temperature is not adjustable, and the owners of this machine swear on how good the espresso comes out.
- The temperature of the water in the boiler is controlled by an digital electronic sensor – not the typical, cheaper coffee thermostats.
- The cup warmer cover and drip tray cover are in non-corrosive stainless steel.
- The brass boiler and the brass filter holder add to the temperature stability of the machine.
- The filter holder grip is made of authentic bakelite plastic.
- The Quartz clock and respective cover can be removed for battery replacement.
- The electronic sensor in the boiler does not allow the machine to be operated unless the correct temperature for brewing coffee or steaming/frothing milk have been achieved.
- Removable plastic drip tray with stainless steel cover are desired for easy cleaning.
- The reservoir sensor shuts down the functions of the machine when there is no water in the reservoir – a great feature lacking on many other home model machines.
- Accessories: 1 pod filter handle, and 1 instruction manual (English).