The atmosphere of an Italian espresso bar at home – made for the smallest of kitchens. ECM classifies the Classika as their perfect single-boiler machine for small spaces – satisfying the highest demands, perfect espresso preparation, and absolute espresso pleasure. Further review this timeless, elegant classic in a clear stainless steel design.
Features of the ECM Classika:
- Solid chrome-plated E61 grouphead: Hot water circulates from thermosyphon tubes to/from the grouphead and boiler. The purpose is to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the electric vibrations pump to pump water through the coffee grinds.
- PID temperature control: Allows you to program the boiler.
- Multi-directional steam wand: Allows for more flexibility and also acts as a hot water wand
- Three way solenoid valve: Allows quick removal of portafilter after the espresso extraction and immediately prepare for the next extraction.
- Passive cup warmer on the top: Heat from the boiler rises and heats the top panel. Like any other espresso machine, it can take up to two hours to preheat your cups. Therefore, it is better to flash heat the cups from hot water from the grouphead or steam/water wand.
- Stainless steel body: Polished to a mirror finish. Black enamel-painted steel frame.
- OPV (over pressure valve): Easily adjustable. Located underneath the cup warmer tray (8.5 – 12 bar).
- Easy access to the water tank: Located underneath the removable cup warmer tray.
- Stainless steel boiler: High-quality, insulated. Less susceptible to limescale compared to copper boilers.
- Short heat-up time: Approximately 20 minutes.
- Pressure gauge: Measures pump/brew pressure (0 – 16 bar) and should only be looked at while extracting espresso or adjusting the OPV with a blind filter int he portafilter inserted intot he grouphead. This gauge has no meaning at any other time.
- Rocker switches and indicator lights: For the “On/Off” function and for steam and hot water.
- Accessories included with the Classika: Dual spout portafilter, 1-cup filter basket, 2-cup filter basket, blind filter basket, grouphead cleaning brush, plastic coffee scoop, plastic coffee tamper, extra hose, instruction manual in German and English.