Bodum premiered its line of double wall glasses in 2002. The inventive design coupled with timeliness style made these glasses an instant classic. Since then, the collection has earned numerous awards and expanded to include a variety of style and sizes.
Made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass, and individually mouth-blown by expert artisans, the double wall construction creates a highly effective layer of insulation.
Enjoy a chilled glass of iced tea on a hot summer day without leaving a messy ring of condensation on the table, or snuggle up with a steaming cappuccino on a cold winter evening without burning your fingers. The unique design of Bodum’s double wall glasses makes them the ideal vessels for every beverage. The dishwasher safe borosilicate glass is durable enough to withstand years of washing without clouding.
- Made of Borosilicate glass: Individually mouth-blown by expert artisans, Bodum’s proprietary double wall glasses feature two walls of borosilicate glass, creating a highly effective layer of insulation. Hot drinks stay hot longer, while the glass remains cool to the touch, and cold drinks stay cold without producing messy condensation. The result is endless serving possibilities from coffee & tea to ice cream & soups.
- Silicone valve at base: Equalizes the air pressure between the two layers of glass when either hot or cold liquids are added. Permeable only to air, never water, the vent enhances durability and will never allow liquids to enter between the two layers.
- Dishwasher, microwave, oven safe: Up to 350░ F (176░ C).
- Measurements: ~4″ H x ~3.5″ W x ~3.5″ D (~10.16 cm H x ~8.89 cm W x ~8.89 cm D).
- Weight: ~2.7 ounces (~0.08 kilograms).
- Capacity: ~6.5 fluid ounces (~0.21 liters).
- Material: Borosilicate glass.
- Made in China.
- Since every glass is mouth-blown, each may have slight differences in height, thickness, and weight.
- Use & care: To preserve the longevity of the glass:
- Use care when placing ice into the glass to avoid fracturing the inner layer. If possible add ice after the liquid.
- Avoid the use of automatic ice dispensers.
- Avoid the use of metal spoons.
- Do not place glasses into a crowded dishwasher.
- If fracturing of glass occurs, discard immediately to prevent injury.