Bezzera Mitica V2 Switchable Espresso Machine
Bezzera switchable machine from tank model to direct plumb. Classic E61 lever design grouphead. Polished stainless steel body. Thermosyphon heat exchanger system. Copper boiler with an internal heating exchanger that allows you to produce coffee, steam and hot water without delay. Four-liter water tank. Rotary vane pump.
- Heat exchanger with a large copper boiler: Allows you to brew coffee, steam milk, and pour hot piping water all at the same time.
- Stainless steel body: Polished to a mirror finish.
- E61 grouphead: Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds.
- Boiler pressure gauge: (measures 0-3) Indicates steam boiler pressure.
- Pump pressure gauge: (measures 0-16) Indicate brew pressure during espresso extraction. Please note that the only time you should look at this gauge is when extracting espresso. At all other times, the reading is irrelevant.
- Multi-directional steam wand and hot water wand: Allows for more flexibility. The wands don’t have insulation and thus provide faster steaming/frothing of milk over ‘no-burn’ steam wands. Joystick controls for steam and hot water wands give instant on/off operation as opposed to knobs that you must turn clockwise / counter-clockwise.
- Rotary vane pump and motor: Situated underneath tank/reservoir and adjustment can be made from underneath the espresso machine.
- Switchable from reservoir mode to direct plumb mode: In order to make the switch, there is a loose wire found in reservoir area inside. This wire needs to be connected. The included plug needs to be inserted into the reservoir connection underneath the reservoir. The plug needs to be removed from the water line connection under the machine, and the included stainless steel braided hose needs to be attached. We suggest purchasing the fitting we recommend to attach on the other end of the hose for the water line.
- Three-way manual solenoid valve: Allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction by relieving the pressure built up in the grouphead.
- Very large water tank: Fewer refills for higher volume use. Refilling occurs from the top of the machine by lifting up the lid on hinges.
- Passive cup warmer: Heated faster with the non-insulated boiler.
- Auto-fill relay/brain unit: Made by Gicar. Placed on the bottom base of the unit away from the heat near the top of the machine. There is a cover placed over the relay to deflect possible water leakage.
- Accessories included: Single spout portafilter, double spout portafilter, 1-cup filter basket, 2-cup filter basket, blind filter basket, plastic tamper, plastic scoop, grouphead cleaning brush, reservoir plug, 1.5-meter stainless steel braided hose, and instruction manual.
For more Bezzera products, please visit our Bezzera brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.