Why Choose 1st-line Equipment?
For over 15 years, 1st-line has been transforming the espresso
equipment industry. Since our inception, we try our best to offer exceptional
value in terms of quality merchandise, low pricing, and personalized services to our 50,000+ clients.
In 1998, 1st-line was the first to start shipping product
within 1-2 business days of order receipt and initiated quality phone support
for customers with equipment issues. The industry norm was shipping in 3-5
business days and phone support was practically non-existent as suppliers would
advise customers to hire a local technician or
ship the equipment for simple repairs. Whereas most distributors only carried one
line, we also led the industry into carrying multiple brands to offer more
choices to consumers.
Over the years, we have migrated to shipping orders same business day out of our own warehouse.
From June 2011 through October 2012, we have been feverishly
working on a new systemic approach to offer the following quality services to
- The ability of our clients to view actual real
time inventory counts of items stocked in our warehouse instead of making
updates of out of stock manually.
- The highest level of security of our client's
payment information. With real time credit card processing, customer payment
information is not stored on our servers and is passed through to the processors
and banks via a secure connection as required by the major credit card
companies. In addition, since none of our employees have access to any credit
card numbers or security numbers, we are unable to process credit card charges
over the phone. However, this removes all possibilities to have credit card
numbers stolen or hacking your online account at 1st-line.
- Our online storefront is tested for
security risks on a monthly basis and is tested daily for malware.
- Our web host provider and our internal systems
and internet connections are tested for security vulnerabilities on a monthly
- Our online storefront, of a select few, is
PA-DSS validated to meet the most challenging information security
- To avoid potential fraudulent charges, we have
implemented an additional step of security during the checkout process whereby
your bank (name will sometimes be shown and we do not see) may ask for
additional private information to make sure you are the cardholder. This is
called Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode. This is another deterrent to
those who steal credit card information and this technology allows us to
process gift orders to different ship to locations (Visa and MasterCard only at
time of this writing).
- An enhanced gift registry to email your family
and friends of items that you wish to have for your birthday or other event.
- The ability to pick, pack, and prepare shipment
of orders within 15 minutes of receipt during business hours and a tracking
number emailed as soon as we generate a shipping label (used to at end of day).
- The ability to ship orders that were received up
to 4pm EST same business day (weekends not included), including those with standard ground service.
- Online help desk for customers who have
questions, concerns, etc.
- Online return process for applicable items that
can be returned.
- Expanded work area for equipment repairs.
- Café showroom area and training center for
customers in the NY/NJ metro area.
- For out of stock items, customers can now sign up online on our web site for email notifications when an item comes back in stock.
- For small, light weight, and low value items, the ability to select USPS Mail as a carrier which provides a lower cost delivery option for customers.