- This diagnostic fee is to estimate the cost of your home model espresso machine repair in our facility. This item and associated fee does not cover plumbed only machines, nor onsite visits.
- We can service many of the espresso machines or grinders we sell. There are some BRAND EXCEPTIONS we do not service, which include those not on the drop down list, as well as Capresso, Jura, Gaggia, Saeco, Expobar, Quick Mill, Izzo, Franke, La Marzocco, and other brands we do not sell.
- We normally do not repair espresso machines ten or more years old as the cost to repair usually exceeds 50% of the cost of purchasing a new similar machine.
- The diagnostic fee is non-refundable, including cases where you decide to not ship your machine in for service. The diagnostic fee is only for diagnosis, and if the repair can be made within the first half hour during unpacking the machine and diagnosis, there would be no additional labor charges. Additional time for repair, descaling, parts, shipping, and cleaning are additional to this $45.00 fee. Sales tax is applied for all repairs shipped within the State of New Jersey.
- Before Shipping: Please order this sku online and your online order ID number becomes your repair authorization number so the package can be accepted at our warehouse.
- Identification: We receive many machines for repair. Place white masking tape on the base of your machine and and pertinent parts you ship with the machine. This will help identify your machine and related parts
- Winter Months: During the colder months, try to drain your machine's internals components. In the winter months, keep the grouphead, water valve, and steam valve in the open position to allow water to drain before freezing.
- Cover: Place a plastic bag around the machine to avoid scratching.
- What To Include: Please keep all unnecessary items unless it is a problem area - this means to keep all loose parts (drip tray and cover, portafilter handles, plastic guide on top, water tank cover, etc) where applicable. For example, if you are having problems with the grouphead, it is advisable to send the portafilter. Please always include a water reservoir for tank models.
- Packaging: For maximum protection, place your machine carton inside an outer shipper carton using only United Parcel Service (UPS), United States Postal Service (USPS), or FedEx Ground. If the original cartons (inner and outer) are NOT available, please make sure to double box AND INSURE your machine as we can not be responsible for damage or loss. You need to make sure to have at least 4 inches of cushioning between the machine and the outer box.
- Payment: Your credit card will be charged when you process the order online. You will be provided an estimate for repair. At that time, if you decline, there will be this charge. Your charge for repair may be greater than this $45 charge depending upon what is needed to service your machine.
- Exclosures To Include: Please enclose a copy of the emailed online order and a detailed description of the symptoms or problems.
- Outside Box Identification: Place the online order ID number on outside box as your repair authorization number (or your package can be refused at our warehouse as they will only accept packages with a valid order id number).
- Where To Ship: Ship insured, signature required to
1st-line Equipment, LLC,
Repair Auth#: (Your Online Order Id Number Here),
265 Willow Brook Road Unit 6,
Freehold, NJ 07728
- Tracking: Please track your package to us. One of our techs will call you once the machine is on the bench, and an estimate has been established.
- Estimated Time For Repair: Please note that the estimated time for repair can not be provided as it is difficult to determine the complexity of the repairs of the machines that arrived prior to your machine. In other cases, unforeseen problems, different than what the customer described, arise and cause delays. With this in mind, it can take between 2 and 12 weeks to diagnose your machine and provide an estimate. We request that you wait until you receive a phone call from one of our technicians before calling as 'calling in' will only slow down our technicians who are feverishly working on machines.
- Repair Priority: Machines are repaired on a first come, first served basis with priority in the following order: warranty repair, 1st-line equipment customers, 1st-line non-equipment customers.
- Rush Service: Rush service to move to the front of the line is $125 USD.
- Repair Warranty: (standard industry practice) Repairs have a 30 day warranty on parts and labor LIMITED ONLY for the items repaired. Any return shipping damage and new problems are not covered under this warranty.
- Descaling Disclaimer: Please note that we take every precaution to not allow descaling solution to damage the finish to your machine. However, we are not responsible for accidental spills or leaking by your machine. In addition, there have been cases where a descaling will cause an™irreparable™leak on an espresso machine, and we are not responsible for this damage as we can not always determine this outcome due tot he fact that we can not visually view how extensive the damage was done by the limescale. In addition, labor charges will still apply up to the point of the descaling.
- Storage: This is mostly for those customers who abandon their equipment. Upon completion of the repair, we will email you the final invoice for which you will need to call our order department to process payment. If you do not process payment within 30 days of completion of the repair, the machine will be considered and agreed to by you as 'abandoned' and will be sold to another client to recuperate the funds for the repair. If the repair is paid 30 days after we emailed you the invoice, there is a $2 per day storage fee.