Here is a simple run down on our favorite cleaners (multiple brands):
- Backflushing / Backwashing / Grouphead Cleaning - removes ONLY the coffee oils in your grouphead. Available in powder form for in the backflush disc/insert on portafilters on traditional machines and tablets for insertion of a bypass doser in super-automatic machines. Powder form also used to clean baskets, portafilters and dispersion screens.
- Descaling / Decalcifying - removes only limescale deposits caused by the water inside your machine. Powder and tablet form and usually run through the reservoir, pump and internals.
- Milk Washing / Cleaning - removes difficult milk build up on steam wands and cleans autofrothers
- Grinder Cleaning - typically removes oil build up on the burrs and sometimes removes the odors created by flavored coffee beans run through a coffee grinder
- General Coffee Cleaning - general cleaners for most home and commercial coffee makers
- Lubricants - Food safe NSF approved lubricants that may be needed after cleaning a machine or brew group
- Capresso / Jura Specific - Specific items for capresso and Jura equipment