Here is a simple run down on our favorite cleaners (multiple brands):
- Backflushing / Backwashing / Grouphead Cleaning: Removes ONLY the coffee oils in your grouphead. Available in powder form for in the backflush disc/insert on portafilters on traditional machines and tablets for insertion of a bypass doser in super-automatic machines. Powder form also used to clean baskets, portafilters and dispersion screens.
- Descaling / Decalcifying: Removes only limescale deposits caused by the water inside your machine. Powder and tablet form and usually run through the reservoir, pump and internals.
- Milk Washing / Cleaning: Removes difficult milk build up on steam wands and cleans auto frothers.
- Grinder Cleaning: Typically removes oil build up on the burrs and sometimes removes the odors created by flavored coffee beans run through a coffee grinder.
- General Coffee Cleaning: General cleaners for most home and commercial coffee makers.
- Lubricants: Food safe NSF approved lubricants that may be needed after cleaning a machine or brew group.
- Capresso / Jura Specific: Specific items for Capresso and Jura equipment.